Investing in the future of women is an investment in the future of our country
Aras Kargo General Manager Hikmet Nuri Bulduk stated that the place of women in the social and business areas gets stronger and said that; "Steps taken, awareness created and development achieved excites us for future prospects. There is a long distance yet to cover and many steps to be taken. Turkey may only reach its target of being listed among the 10 largest economies of the world in 2023 only by increasing the contribution of women in the economy. Investing in women's future is an investment in the future of the country. At Aras Kargo, with this consciousness we increased number of our woman employees by 6 percent last year and accordingly the percentage of our woman employees increased to 16 percent. Our target is to increase this rate over 20 percent margin in the coming years."
Aras Kargo General Manager Hikmet Nuri Bulduk issued a message for 8th of World Women's Day. Hikmet Nuri reminded that in 2014 Evrim Aras carried responsibilities on women employees to international platforms and signed “The Women’s Empowerment Principles” of the United Nations and Aras Kargo is the only delivery company in Turkey to signed these principles and he said that; "With regards to projects implemented in this sense we have applications to advocate gender equality and increase woman employees. We believe that women should be more involved in the delivery sector as in all business area. For this reason, we have determined to increase the employment of women in our sector as our responsibility. We employ woman technicians working with us for many years in the field, our spare parts managers and we have even walking and motorcycle couriers allover Turkey. We are proud to work shoulder to shoulder with our women at every step of our business processes from the management to the field activities."
"OUR OBJECTIVE IS TO INCREASE NUMBER OF WOMAN EMPLOYEES"
Bulduk specified that they will continue to implement positive discrimination against women until equality is achieved in all processes in addition to recruitment process and said that; "We increased our number of woman employees by 6 percent in 2017. Thus, the proportion of our woman employees among our total employees increased to 16 percent. Our objective is to increase the number of woman employees to over 20 percent in the coming years. For this purpose, we develop flexible working hours and days, especially for working mothers, such as school report card day leave and nursing leave. In addition, we deliver premium to our employees who propose female candidates for any position when the proposed female candidate is recruited. We offer privileges that go beyond gender equality in business life. We act with the awareness that investing in women's future is an investment in the future of our country. "
Bulduk said that "I congratulate 8th of March International Women's Day of all women and our colleagues who are models for all of us with their devotion and hard work giving us strength with their existence."
Some of the projects implemented by Aras Kargo, attracting attention with its exemplary projects in delivery sector, to increase the number of woman employees are as follows:
- Four full day leave permit to female employees having children in the first and the last school days and school report card days
- Female employees are given leave on the first and last day of school and on vaccination days
- Mother employees with children between 1 and 3 years are given 1 hour leave every day for child care
- Nursing leave permit of female employees who newly gave birth is applied as 2 hours
- Mother employees are not working on Saturdays until their child is 3 years old
- There are hygienic breastfeeding rooms in the Head Office, region and hub
- Applications such as maternal and child health trainings, family school and family trainings in Aras Academy and surveys for more suggestions for female employees are maintained
- Bonus to employees who propose female candidates for any position is given when the proposed female candidate is recruited.